How To Stop Bed Bug Bites From Itching?
It is plainly obvious that while itching your red, burning, and painful bed bug bites, you must have wondered, how to stop bed bug bites from itching. Bed bug bites can cause physical and mental trauma. They are proof of the fact that you have these nuisances as pests in your home and you might try your best to conceal them, just to avoid being discovered. In addition to that, they are painful and take a few days to calm down.
How Long Do Bed Bug Bites Take To Show Up?
It is unlikely that you will notice a bed bugs bite as soon as it happens. This is owing to the fact that bed bugs secrete a small amount of anesthetic when they bite humans. This prevents the feeling of pain and also aids the bed bugs in feeding without any disturbance. It might take a few hours to days for the bed bug bites to show up.
What Do Bed Bug Bites Look Like?
The most appropriate definition of a bed bug bite would be a raised, warm, swollen red nodule on your skin. They may be painful and itchy, in most cases. They tend to appear in tiny clusters, in a zig-zag fashion along an imaginary line on the skin of humans. This is because bed bugs tend to form tiny clusters when they feed. Most bed bug bites are found in the upper half of the body, though that is not a hard and fast rule.
How Long Do Bed Bug Bites Usually Take To Subside?
In most cases, bed bug bites will subside within a week or two if they don’t get infected. Repeatedly itching the be bug bite may lead to breaking the skin. This can further lead to secondary infections.
How To Stop Bed Bug Bites From Itching
Usually, bed bug bites subside by themselves. However, you might need a bit of help dealing with the symptoms of bed bug bites if there is a lot of itching or swelling. You could try the following remedies:
- Topical steroid creams are helpful with pain and itching.
- Anti-itching creams are easily available in pharmacies. Calamine lotion is a good example of them.
- Oral histamine syrups can also be useful if you have a number of bites all over your body.
- A painkiller can help you deal with the pain that arises from bed bug bites.
- You could use antibiotics if you suffer from secondary infections.
Home Remedies For Bed Bug Bites
Home remedies are a good way to go if you do not feel the need for over-the-counter medication. There are a number of household items that you can put to use to help you with the itching and swelling that comes along with bed bug bites. They are as follows:
- Cold compress/ice, to cool down the area and reduce itching
- Toothpaste. It works much the same as a cold compress. The menthol in toothpaste will have the same cooling effect.
- Oatmeal baths. Crushed oatmeal along with water, formulated into a thick paste supposedly works by calming down the allergic reaction.
- A mixture of baking soda and water is also known to cool down the affected area and reduce inflammation.
Bed Bug Bites On Infants
Infants and pets are the most susceptible to bed bug bites, for a number of reasons. It might be extremely painful to watch your little baby covered in bed bug bites. Here is what you can do about it:
- Wash the affected area, using mild soap and warm water.
- Pat dry with a towel and apply some calamine lotion.
- If your child is big enough, advise him/her to not itch the area.
- Trim your child’s nails so that they cannot do much damage by itching.
- Some parents even put on mittens for their children so that they are unable to itch.
- Speak to your child’s pediatrician if it has been over two weeks and the bed bug bites have not subsided.
Bed bug bites might not be a major cause of concern, however, bed bugs generally are. Instead of tolerating the pain and inconvenience of having these pests crawling all over your bed, call for an exterminator and have them dealt with at the earliest.
Also, Read –
What Are Beg Bug Bites?
Are Beg Bugs dangerous?
Are Beg Bugs contagious?
How are Beg Bugs spread?
Do Beg Bugs have wings?
Can Beg Bugs fly?
Do Beg Bugs jump?
How to kill Beg Bugs?
When Do Beg Bugs come out?
Can Beg Bugs live in wood?
Can Beg Bugs live on the carpet?
What Do Beg Bugs hate most of all?
Can Beg Bugs Bite through clothes?
How long can Beg Bugs live without a host?
Does vinegar kill Beg Bugs?
Does Beg Bug Bite Dogs?
Can you see Beg Bugs with the naked eye?
Does baking soda kill Beg Bugs?
What Do Beg Bugs eat?
What Do Beg Bugs look like to the human eye?
Can Beg Bugs get in your hair?
Does Lysol kill Beg Bugs?
Can Beg Bugs live in your hair?
How to find Beg Bugs during the day?
What do Baby Beg Bugs look like?
Does bleach kill Beg Bugs?
Where Do Beg Bugs hide?
Does alcohol kill Beg Bugs?