Getting the proper treatment for scabies infection is essential to reduce its spread. For this, Sulfur is the most recommended and safe alternative available to treat scabies and bacterial infections.
Other treatments might not give the best results, but they will help suppress the pest mite populations and helps to decrease the mite densities. In addition, it is the best treatment you can use for your infection as it tends to gender on your skin. The scabies mites will make your skin red and itchy, but Sulfur is the best medicine here as it will soothe the skin.
Why Does Sulphur Soap Bring Out The Scabies?
Have you ever wondered why sulfur soap brings out scabies? Then you are only one among the many who have been thinking along these lines. Scabies can be a nuisance. The rash is resistant to most over-the-counter medications and takes its own time to leave your body. You could play host to scabies for a long time if you don’t know how to treat this horrid infection.
Does Sulphur Soap Cure Scabies?
To tell the truth, there is no actual evidence that sulfur soap can cure scabies or even has an effect on reducing it. There have been no medical studies that have proven the same. However, sulfur has been used for the past 200 years to treat scabies and other skin infections.
There is ample anecdotal evidence to prove that sulfur can reduce the symptoms caused by scabies. In many cases, regular use of sulfur soap has also completely eradicated the troublesome skin condition.
How Does Sulphur Work On Scabies?
Scabies a minor rash that appears on the skin due to the invasion of microscopic organisms. These organisms bury themselves in the skin of an individual. This is what causes the characteristic red rash that appears to spread. If left untreated, these microbes can continue to live in an individual’s skin for many months. It is, therefore, necessary to get the right treatment for scabies at the appropriate time.
Sulphur is one of the main lines of treatment when it comes to scabies. There are various treatment options available in the market, like sulphur soaps, gels, creams, ointments, etc.
How To Use Sulphur Products On Scabies Rash?
Sulfur can be highly effective when used correctly and regularly. Follow the underlining steps to ensure you are fully protected against scabies:
How to reduce the spread and infection of scabies?
- Wash the affected area with running water to clean out any dirt or grime accumulated.
- Now wash the affected area with a soap that contains sulfur. A dermatologist will be the best person to recommend the same.
- Dab the area dry with a soft washcloth.
- Now apply a sulfur ointment or gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Repeat this process twice a day for the best results.
How To Avoid Spreading Scabies
Scabies is an extremely contagious condition that spreads via skin-to-skin contact. Follow the underlying steps to ensure that you contain the spread of scabies:
- Keep distance from a person who has active scabies, as you can contract the condition easily if you come in open contact with their skin.
- Wash the bedding and other linen of an infected person separately, in warm water and a tiny amount of disinfectant.
- Take preventive treatment against scabies if anyone in your home has contracted it. You might not show any symptoms of the infection, but you might already have contracted it.
- Clean and vacuum your entire home along with any tapestries and upholstery.
- Anything that cannot be cleaned should be packed in a vacuum bag for at least 72 hours. This will ensure that all the microbes or their eggs are killed.
- Get your home treated by a professional if two or more family members display symptoms of scabies infection.
Other Medications For Scabies
How does sulfur works on the infected areas of the skin?
Here is a list of medications other than sulfur that you can try for scabies:
This 5% permethrin cream is safe for children above two months. It is the usual line of treatment for scabies as prescribed by dermatologists.
This is a 10% crotamiton lotion that doctors approve of treating children as young as two months.
This is a slightly stronger ointment used as a last resort treatment when other milder treatments have failed.
This is a controversial drug that has yet not been approved by the FDA. It has displayed successful results against scabies in several cases and is sometimes used to treat resistant forms of the infection.
- Benzyl Benzoate
This tropical treatment might contain traces of tea tree oil. It is a strong solution and therefore is rarely prescribed. It is unsuitable for pregnant and lactating women and children.
Also, Read –
What Are Bed Bug Bites?
Are Bed Bugs dangerous?
Are Bed Bugs contagious?
How are Bed Bugs spread?
Do Bed Bugs have wings?
Can Bed Bugs fly?
Do Bed Bugs jump?
How to kill Bed Bugs?
When Do Bed Bugs come out?
Can Bed Bugs live in wood?
Can Bed Bugs live on the carpet?
What Do Bed Bugs hate most of all?
Can Bed Bugs Bite through clothes?
How long can Bed Bugs live without a host?
Does vinegar kill Bed Bugs?
Does Bed Bug Bite Dogs?
Can you see Bed Bugs with the naked eye?
Does baking soda kill Bed Bugs?
What Do Bed Bugs eat?
What Do Bed Bugs look like to the human eye?
Can Bed Bugs get in your hair?
Does Lysol kill Bed Bugs?
Can Bed Bugs live in your hair?
How to find Bed Bugs during the day?
What do Baby Bed Bugs look like?
Does bleach kill Bed Bugs?
Where Do Bed Bugs hide?
Does alcohol kill Bed Bugs?