How To Get Rid Of Hives On Face? Some home remedies are very helpful in this case. Such as, using a cold compress can help you feel relieved from any irritation, you can take a bath with an anti-itch solution, or you need to avoid some products that can harm your skin. So now you may know how to get rid of hives on your face.
Besides home remedies, you can also try natural remedies. For that, you can use aloe Vera gel on your skin. Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties. You can purchase Aloe Vera gel from the market and online as well.
How To Get Rid Of Hives On Face?
How to get rid of hives on your face is a tricky question considering knowingly or unknowingly your face is the most looked after part of your body and you would think twice before applying anything harsh to the hives that may affect your skin even more.
Urticaria, commonly known as hives is an itchy rash indicated by little red bumps or welts on the skin that are often a result of a reaction to certain foods, medication, insect bites, or allergies. Hives generally do not only appear on the face, but your face could be a common location for hives as it often comes in contact with other irritants and allergens.
4 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Hives
Hives can often be treated with home remedies and may not require additional medical attention. They usually disappear in a matter of hours. Some commonly used home remedies for hives include:
- Aloe Vera – Known to have medicinal and healing properties, Aloe Vera helps soothe irritation and reduce hives. It is advisable to do a skin patch test before application though as it may not be suitable for all types of skin.
- Cold compress – You can also apply a pack of frozen veggies or an ice pack to reduce the swelling and provide relief against, irritation and hives. This is a common method as these items are available in most homes.
- Bathing in an anti-itch solution – Bathing is recommended as it not only covers your face but your whole body. Oatmeal, witch hazel, and baking soda are primarily used in preparing a bath to get rid of hives, as these ingredients reduce the irritation and soothe the hives.
- Avoiding irritants – Avoid using creams, moisturizers, fragrances, or perfumes that may be harsh to your skin. These may only worsen the situation. Also, it is recommended to avoid wearing tight-fitting scarves or masks, wearing something loose and comfortable will help get rid of the hives on your face faster.
Apart from home remedies, there are some medicines that can help provide relief to hives on the face. Below listed are the most readily available options:
- Calamine lotion – used in a majority of skin-related cases, Calamine helps reduce irritation and itching to a great extent, providing relief to the area of the hive. Always shake the bottle before use. You can apply the lotion with a cotton call directly to the hives and let it dry. You can repeat the process if required, every couple of hours.
- Benadryl – Taking Benadryl as an oral antihistamine can help reduce the rash and other symptoms by working from the inside out. Always ensure you follow the dosage on the pack. Benadryl usually has a faster effect and you will notice a reduction in symptoms the same day. Benadryl induces drowsiness and hence is recommended only if you are at home and usually before resting.
- Claritin, Zyrtec, and Allegra – These antihistamines are less likely to cause drowsiness and are available in 12 or 24 hours formulas. You may adjust the dosage according to the severity of the hives to ensure an effective treatment. If required you can consult with your pharmacist or a doctor to gauge the right amount to be taken.
- Steroid tablets – Prednisone is a steroid tablet used in the treatment of hives on rare occasions. The dosages can be availed in an immediate-release tablet, delayed-release tablet, and liquid form. The oral tablet helps reduce inflammation and swelling in the body and face.
In this situation, several natural therapies are quite beneficial. You can get relief from irritation by applying a cold compress, bathing in an itching-relieving liquid, or avoiding some products that can damage your skin. You may now be able to eliminate hives on your face.
You might attempt natural cures in addition to home remedies. You can do it by applying aloe Vera gel to your skin. The therapeutic powers of aloe vera are well documented. Aloe Vera gel is available both in stores and online.
Also, Read –