Having bed bugs at home and lice in hair can be a nightmare as these tiny creatures create big problems. Bed Bugs vs Lice can take away your peace and gift you sleepless nights, physical rashes, and anxiety.
It is surprising how these tiny parasites can turn your world upside down. Did you ever wonder if these parasites can mess with your whole body ecosystem? No, right? But they do. They physically harm you and mentally drain you, which affects your daily routine.
To cure this, you must first figure out the difference between the parasites. For example, you must know whether it is bed bugs or lice only to determine which medicines to use or which pesticides to spray.
This article will acquaint you with the difference between bed bugs and dust mites. In addition, we will provide you with some solutions.
Difference between bed bugs and lice
Lice are horrifying creatures generally found in hair. They spread through direct and close contact with someone who has it. It can also be applied using an ordinary hairbrush, scarves, and hats. Not only kids but also adults can be prone to this. Lice often trigger intense itching on the scalp and skin.
There are three types of Lice:
- Pubic lice- affect your genital area.
- Head lice- affect your scalp.
- Body lice- affect other body areas.
On the other hand, these tiny creatures who live rent-free at your place can cause you massive problems. These bed bugs are tiny parasites that feed on human blood. They are generally active at night and early morning, and you can find them near pipelines, around the bed, tags on the mattress, and box springs. The bites can be extremely itchy, painful, and problematic.
These bites and infections are unpredictable as sometimes they can be mild enough to recover by themselves without medicines, and sometimes they will immediately need a doctor’s attention and medications.
Bed Bugs vs Lice – Threats of Bed Bugs & Lice Bites
Bed bugs and lice are mainly parasites that are well-known to humans. These tiny parasites have been a part of many researchers for their dependent nature on other organisms. Bed bugs and lice feed on the blood of humans or animals by sucking it. Here are the major bed bug v/s lice factors to make you understand the differences between them. They can give you a traumatic night’s sleep, other anxieties, and endless irritations. Humans often misunderstand bed bugs and lice to be the same. Besides, you may know how to treat them and keep them away.
How To Treat Lice And Bed Bugs?
Medicines to keep Lice away!
- Essential oils
- Medicated shampoo
Kindly consult your doctor before using these medicines, as they can cause side effects.
Medicines to keep bed bugs away!
- Call PMP – The Pest Management Professional comes with exceptionally designed equipment that can raise its temperature from 118 degrees F (48 degrees C) to 122 degrees F (50 degrees C). This helps in killing the bed bugs almost instantly. So, the experts will keep the remote thermometer all over the house to know that the heat is reaching everywhere. Then, they closely examine the thermometers and raise them to the level that would kill bed bugs.
- Hotbox – You can put all your bed clothing items into a hot box—the lethal range increases from 117 to 122 degrees, which can instantly kill the bed bugs.
- Steam – Steam is also a cheap and effective way to get rid of bed bugs and their eggs and larvae. It can be used in cracks and crevices, which is the hiding place of bed bugs.
Use sprays –
- Ortho home defence bed bug killer
- HARRIS black label bed bug killer
- Ecodefense bed bug killer
Bed Bugs vs Lice – How To Keep Them At Bay?
How To Prevent Lice
- Avoid head-to-head contact
- Do not share the same helmet, comb, hats, earphones, hair ribbons, etc.
- Vacuum the area where the infected person has been
- Do not share towels or clothes of the infected person.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs
- These bed bugs hide in the cracks and crevices in the morning so you can fill the cracks and crevices of your house.
- It is essential to clean your bed and change the clothing of your bed every day.
- You can wash all the bedding items on high heat.
I hope this information was helpful to you all and helped you understand the difference. Do visit this website for more details, as we keep posting such valuable facts and keep imparting knowledge that concerns your health.
Also, Read –
What Are Bed Bug Bites?
Are Bed Bugs dangerous?
Are Bed Bugs contagious?
How are Bed Bugs spread?
Do Bed Bugs have wings?
Can Bed Bugs fly?
Do Bed Bugs jump?
How to kill Bed Bugs?
When Do Bed Bugs come out?
Can Bed Bugs live in wood?
Can Bed Bugs live on the carpet?
What Do Bed Bugs hate most of all?
Can Bed Bugs Bite through clothes?
How long can Bed Bugs live without a host?
Does vinegar kill Bed Bugs?
Does Bed Bug Bite Dogs?
Can you see Bed Bugs with the naked eye?
Does baking soda kill Bed Bugs?
What Do Bed Bugs eat?
What Do Bed Bugs look like to the human eye?
Can Bed Bugs get in your hair?
Does Lysol kill Bed Bugs?
Can Bed Bugs live in your hair?
How to find Bed Bugs during the day?
What do Baby Bed Bugs look like?
Does bleach kill Bed Bugs?
Where Do Bed Bugs hide?
Does alcohol kill Bed Bugs?