It is surprising how these small parasites can turn your world upside down. Did you ever wonder if these parasites can mess with your whole body ecosystem? No, right? But they do. They physically harm you and mentally drain you, which massively impacts your daily routine.
You must first figure out Bed Bug Bite vs Flea Bite parasites to cure this. For example, you must know whether it is bed bugs or fleas only to figure out which medicines to use or which pesticides to spray.
We understand that it is impossible to make a difference between both creatures. But when we are with you, it is not impossible. This article will acquaint you with the difference between bed bug bites and flea bites. In addition, we will provide you with some solutions.
Bed Bug Bite vs Flea Bite – Points Of Differentiation
Flea bugs and bed bugs can stay indoors and bite humans to suck on their blood. Bedbug bites happen in a line, whereas flea bites are in clusters.
Bed bugs are small parasites that feed on human blood. They are generally active at night and early morning, and you can find them near pipelines, around the bed, tags on the mattress, and box springs. The bites can be extremely itchy, painful and worrisome.
On the other hand, fleas to are extremely tiny in their structure as they are only 2.5mm long. They are generally seen on pets, but even if you don’t have pets, you might come across them, as the mice and rats and other wild animals successfully spread fleas everywhere they go or reside. Their structure is oval-shaped, dark and has hard shells. This wingless creature sucks humans’ and animals’ blood.
Bed Bug Bite vs Flea Bite – Diagnosis
How to diagnose bed bug bites?
You can’t see the symptoms immediately at times as your skin will take time to react to the bed bugs’ bite. Depending on the skin, the symptoms are minor or severe. For example, the minor symptoms are irritation, and surrounding inflammation and the severe symptoms are:
- Bleeding from the centre of the bite
- Small, red lesions
- White or clear skins, shed by the nymphs as they get mature
- Small red bumps surrounded by blisters and hives
- Painful burning sensations
- The zigzag pattern of little welts or red bumps
- Although they can bite you anywhere and everywhere, the prone areas are the neck, legs, arms, shoulders, hands, and face.
How to diagnose flea bites?
- Their bites are distinct-
- After a bite, it only takes half an hour to develop a red, swollen weal.
- The prone areas are legs, armpits, waist, breasts, feet or in the fold of knees and elbows.
- The bitten area is extremely itchy, and scratching can spread and worsen the condition.
- The weal can develop into a small wound or blister after two days.
- A person with sensitive skin can get an allergic reaction due to a bite.
- The level of symptoms is so deadly that it can go from small welt to breathing problems.
- Small red spots are often seen in groups of two or three or clusters with redness around them.
- Swelling around the bite.
- Swelling of lips or tongue (allergic reactions).
- It can also cause nausea, chest pain and dizziness (allergic reactions).
Bed Bug Bite vs Flea Bite – Cure/Treatment
Treatment For Bed Bug Bites
- Self-heal- Most of the time, the bed bug bites get to heal all by themselves within one to two weeks.
- Apply anti-itch cream.
- Calamine lotions
- A pain reliever can help you relieve your swelling and pain.
Treatment For Flea Bites
- Apply an ice pack to the infected area.
- Use Witch Hazel.
- Tea tree oil
- Apply Aloe Vera.
These are some of the effective and efficient methods.
Bed bug bites and flea bites are the two most common insect bites which are very difficult to differentiate. Flea bites are usually a pet care concern as they feed on furry animals, whereas bedbug bites are common in human beings. Bedbugs are not contagious or transmit diseases, whereas flea bugs transmit various diseases.
Identifying bugs and differentiating them from each other is the first key process of getting rid of them. Bedbugs can crawl, but flea bugs can jump about 8 inches. They live in the house and tend to complete their full life cycle while staying inside.
I hope this information was useful to you all and helped you understand the difference. Do visit this website for more information, as we keep posting such valuable facts and keep imparting knowledge that concerns your health.
Also, Read –
What Are Bed Bug Bites?
Are Bed Bugs dangerous?
Are Bed Bugs contagious?
How are Bed Bugs spread?
Do Bed Bugs have wings?
Can Bed Bugs fly?
Do Bed Bugs jump?
How to kill Bed Bugs?
When Do Bed Bugs come out?
Can Bed Bugs live in wood?
Can Bed Bugs live on the carpet?
What Do Bed Bugs hate most of all?
Can Bed Bugs Bite through clothes?
How long can Bed Bugs live without a host?
Does vinegar kill Bed Bugs?
Does Bed Bug Bite Dogs?
Can you see Bed Bugs with the naked eye?
Does baking soda kill Bed Bugs?
What Do Bed Bugs eat?
What Do Bed Bugs look like to the human eye?
Can Bed Bugs get in your hair?
Does Lysol kill Bed Bugs?
Can Bed Bugs live in your hair?
How to find Bed Bugs during the day?
What do Baby Bed Bugs look like?
Does bleach kill Bed Bugs?
Where Do Bed Bugs hide?
Does alcohol kill Bed Bugs?